Consultation Regulation Impact Statement
Safe Work Australia invites feedback on the recommendations of the review of the model WHS laws.
The model WHS laws were reviewed in 2018. The Review of the model WHS laws: Final report was released in February 2019 and includes 34 recommendations.
A Consultation Regulation Impact Statement (RIS) on these recommendations is now open. Submissions are open until 5 August 2019 and can be made online.
Feedback and comments are being sought from all stakeholders who may be impacted by the recommendations.
Safe Work Australia is particularly interested in feedback on the recommendations that may have the greatest impact on workers, business and the community, including:
- introducing regulations dealing with psychological health
- new arrangements for health and safety representatives (HSR) and work groups in small businesses
- clarifying workplace entry of HSR assistants and WHS entry permit holders
- providing HSRs with choice of training course
- providing a process for resolving disputes about WHS issues
- including gross negligence as an element of the Category 1 offence, and
- introducing an industrial manslaughter offence.
Safe Work Australia has set up a consultation page with information and details on how you can participate.