Latest Work-Related Fatality Data Released
The work-related traumatic injury fatalities, Australia, 2017 report from Safe Work Australia provides the latest national statistics on all workers and bystanders fatally injured at work.
Key findings include:
- The fatality rate has decreased by 48 per cent since 2007 (from 3.0 fatalities per 100,000 workers in 2007 to 1.5 in 2017).
- 190 workers were fatally injured at work.
- 93% of fatalities were male (176).
- 71% of fatalities occurred in three industries:
– transport, postal and warehousing (28%)
– agriculture, foresting and fishing (27%), and
– construction (16%).
- The top three causes of worker fatalities were:
– vehicle collision (32%)
– being hit by moving objects (18%), and
– falls from a height (15%).
Click here for more information.
Safe Work Australia has also updated data on their Workplace Mental Health infographic – click here for more details.