05 Dec 2018
Mackay Regional Council Annual Report Released
Mackay Regional Council have recently released their Annual Report.
In summary, their 150 road maintenance workers:
- Maintained 2942 roads, including 1048 rural roads and 1894 urban roads. That equates to 2451km, comprising 690km of urban roads, 1761km of rural roads including 915km of unsealed roads.
- Repaired or replaced 2593 roadside signs
- Cleaned and maintained 242km of footpaths/shared pathways and cycle paths
- Undertook open drains mowing of 953ha
- Carried out general maintenance on 54 off-street car parks
- Maintained 72 bridges (25 timber, 42 concrete, 2 steel/concrete, 3 steel/timber)
- Cleaned and maintained 23 boat ramps (eight owned by council and 15 owned by the Department of Transport and Main Roads)
- Maintained 269 bus shelters
- Undertook routine maintenance under contract to the Department of Transport and Main Roads on 174km of the Bruce Highway and 492 km of State-controlled roads; and much more.
To view the full Mackay Regional Council Annual Report, please click here.