QUEENSLAND GOVERNMENT TO IMPLEMENT SPEED LIMIT CHANGES
The Queensland Government has signalled the changing of speed limits on several south coast roads to improve safety noting the need to respond to community concerns. The changes follow speed reviews which had been conducted for several state-controlled roads across the Gold Coast, Logan City and Scenic Rim.
The review took several important factors into account including crash history, traffic volumes, vehicle types, geography and its role in the road network. In addition, the Queensland Government noted community feedback and consequently will rollout changes to sections of Tallebudgera Creek Road, Beaudesert-Nerang Road, Ipswich-Boonah Road, Waterford-Tamborine Road and the Mount Lindesay Highway
The reviews findings were presented to the local speed management committee which consisted of representatives from TMR, Queensland Police Service, RACQ and local council. The committee members considered the findings and community feedback. And decisions were made on speed limit changes at each location.
Motorists should take note of new signs as new speed signs would be installed progressively from now until the end of June. The Government implored motorists to please continue to drive to conditions and take in to consideration the weather, the light and the traffic.
The following changes will be rolled out by the end of June:
- Tallebudgera Creek Road: Speed limit reduced from 60km/h to 50km/h from Loman Lane to south of the Pacific Motorway overpass of Tallebudgera Creek Road, Burleigh Heads.
- Ipswich Boonah Road: Speed limit increase from 80km/h to 100km/h (northbound direction only) from north of Mollenhauers Road/Dwyers Road to Mollenhauers Road, Peak Crossing.
- Waterford–Tamborine Road:
- Speed limit drops from 100km/h to 80km/h from South of Dairy Creek Road to Stegemann Road, Waterford
- Speed limit drops from 90km/h to 80km/h from Hotz Road to north of Camp Cable Road/Yarrabilba Road, Yarrabilba.
- Beaudesert–Nerang Road:
- Speed limit drops from 60km/h to 50km/h from the intersection of Brisbane Street/Telemon Street/William Street to Tina Street, Beaudesert.
- Speed limit increases from 60km/h to 70km/h from the entry to the locality of Wonglepong to Mundoolun Connection Road.
- Speed limit decreases from 70km/h to 60km/h within the locality of Witheren to west of the J Hinze Bridge.
- Speed limit decreases from 70km/h to 60km/h from Billabirra Crescent to Oak Street, Nerang.
- Mount Lindesay Highway: Speed limit drops from 60km/h to 50km/h from north of Birnam Street to the Beaudesert-Nerang Road/Telemon Street/William Street intersection, Beaudesert.
For more information, please click here.