Queensland Mental Health Week 2018 Wrap-Up
Queensland Mental Health Week is an annual event which aims to increase awareness and interest in positive mental health and wellbeing across the state.
World Mental Health Day has been held from the 6th to 14th October with the Week’s theme focusing on the need to value mental health – with six steps:
- Be active – do what you can, enjoy what you do, get moving and improve your mood
- Keep learning – embrace new experiences, recognise opportunities, surprise yourself
- Connect – talk, listen, be there
- Give – your time, your words, your presence
- Take notice – remember the simple things that give you joy
- Care for our planet – it’s the home we all share
Mental Health Week’s theme is informed by the ‘Wheel of Wellbeing’ which aims to encourage people to be inspired by six actions that have been proven to improve wellbeing in everyday life. This aims to promote positive mental health and wellbeing at home, at work, and at play. Use the six steps to help break down the stigma associated with mental illness and encourage people in our communities who need help to reach out and connect. For more information, please click here.