Can We Afford to be Casual about Casual Employees?
March 31 @ 7:30 am - 10:30 am
Recent decisions that challenge traditional concepts of a casual employee have caused the Government to step in. There’s never been a better time to get your casuals in order.
This short course will discuss the impact of these developments and how to protect yourself against costly claims. We will look at issues such as:
• the developing legal position
• protect yourself from costly claims and ‘double dipping’
• who is a casual employee?
• what rights and entitlements do casuals have?
• when does a casual become permanent?
• labour-hire agencies and casuals.
• casuals in the gig economy.
Edmund Burke from Holding Redlich
Queensland Civil Industry Training Centre (CCF QLD Brisbane Office), 11 Hi-Tech Court, Eight Mile Plains QLD 4113