Sunshine Coast Major Projects
The Sunshine Coast offers investors the opportunity to be part of a location experiencing some of the most exciting developments in Australia at this time.
Region-building ventures in new infrastructure projects and development precincts include:
- The development of Australia’s only greenfield city centre within an existing urban area at Maroochydore (underway)
- The expansion of the Sunshine Coast Airport to deliver direct access to the region from more Australian and international destinations
- One of the largest health infrastructure precincts being developed in Australia. The 17 hectare health, medical and mixed use precinct adjacent to a new A$1.8 billion tertiary teaching hospital campus
- Major new residential and commercial developments and precincts across the region including the Caloundra South Priority Development Area, known as Aura, which will house around 50,000 people
- A business, technology and retail precinct adjacent to one of Australia’s top-ranking universities, the University of the Sunshine Coast
- The delivery of international broadband submarine cable infrastructure to provide the eastern seaboard of Australia with an alternative entry point for its international data connectivity.
For more information on these new projects, please click here.