14 Aug 2018
TMR Road Planning and Design Manual Update
Road Planning and Design Manual, Edition 2, Volume 3 – Supplement Part 3: Geometric Design has been updated to align with Austroads Guide to Road Design: Part 3 (2016).
Updates to this supplement include:
- additional guidance for designers regarding vulnerable road users
- allowance for use of roads as emergency aircraft runway strips
- inclusion of additional Brownfields content
- changes to the minimum radii at which adverse crossfall can be considered, with associated guidance
- design of tunnels content has been removed and relocated to the Austroads Guide to Road Tunnels
- content of Technical Note 155 Wide Centre Line Treatment – Interim Advice, added as Appendix F, and
- design considerations relating to situations where provision is made to use roads as emergency aircraft runway strips.
Click here for more information.