Updates to Road Safety Barrier Systems, End Treatments and Other Related Road Safety Devices
The Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR) has recently updated the ‘Road Safety Barrier Systems, End Treatments and other related Road Safety Devices: Assessed as accepted for use on state controlled roads in Queensland’. Changes in the September 2018 (Version 2):
- The inclusion of a new section Guidelines on specifying Barrier Systems in Contracts and Drawings added (section 2.5).
- The inclusion of a new section Assessed by Austroads Safety Barrier Assessment Panel (ASBAP) in accordance with AS/NZS 3845.2:2017 which lists the current assessed products including Truck Mounted Attenuator products (section 5).
- Updated contact details added to Appendix A.
- Updated Product information sheets in Appendix B to include Defender Barrier system and BarrierGuard 800.
- Amendments to the Sentry Median barrier information sheet in Appendix B.
These amendments where made following the assessment of road safety barrier systems, end treatments and related road safety devices is undertaken by ASBAP.
TMR will continually update the document to include new products as they are assessed and recommended by Austroads.
However, suppliers (or proponents) wanting to use a road safety barrier system, product or device is not included in this document, but has been assessed by ASBAP, can submit an application to TMR.
Additionally, Suppliers (or proponents) seeking acceptance of a road safety barrier system, product or device which is not included in this document should contact the ASBAP secretariat by calling 02 8837 0501 to get an Assessment Submission Package.
For more information contact Mr Santosh Tripathi, Manager (Road Engineering Standards), on 3066 8016 or by emailing email@example.com